Before the Better Queensway project can move forward and we select a development partner, we are seeking your views on the detailed transport infrastructure required to support the scheme.
Our vision for transport and access for the scheme fits with the vision for the wider scheme of creating a Better Place.
Key features of our preferred transport scheme are:
- Two lanes in each direction leading to and from the seafront
- Opening up the current one way Sutton Road slip to two-way traffic
- Widening Chichester Road and improving access to Southchurch Road to create a more attractive place for people to walk along
- Improving access to Tylers and Warrior Square car parks
- Reconnecting communities who neighbour the site with the town centre, creating better access to jobs, shops and the seafront by covering over part of the Queensway underpass
- Creating opportunities to improve public safety though new crossing and road configurations
Visualisation of our preferred transport scheme
FREEPOST BETTER QUEENSWAY